Legaltoast will put you in touch with a team of expert attorneys who will gather all of the required documents & draft the application and simplify the process to get a Succession Certificate.
To avail our services, we charge 499/- as an advance or security payment.
What is a Succession Certificate?
A Succession Certificate is an authentication granted by Indian Civil Courts to the legal beneficiaries of a person who died intestate (without a will) and left unclaimed duties and safeguards. When a person dies without leaving a valid will, he or she is said to have died intestate. A Succession Certificate authorizes the bearer of the testament to establish obligations or shift safeguards in the benefit of the deceased without first determining whether the lawful beneficiary is competent to do so.
The Succession Certificate provides payment to all individuals owing such obligations or subject to such safeguards with respect to all installments provided to, or interactions in good faith with, the individual to whom the request has been granted. As a result, many organizations and people require a Succession Certificate before settling the responsibilities or safeguards of the deceased for the person asserting such obligations or rights. The applicable legacy law issues the Succession Certificate.
A Succession Certificate's Advantages
- In the absence of a will or a nomination, the heir to a piece of property or financial assets must substantiate his or her rights. In such circumstances, an heir may be requested to provide a Succession Certificate or a letter of administration, depending on the asset’s value.
- A Succession Certificate is necessary for moveable property such as provident funds, bank accounts, shares, loans, or other assets.
- A letter of administration must be produced in support of an immovable property claim, such as land or jewels.
Process for Succession Certificate
We put you in touch with knowledgeable attorneys.
Documents are gathered, and the application is submitted
After hearing, a district judge will grant the Succession certificate
Are you looking for Online Legal Services?
You are in the Right Place...
Documents needed to get a Succession Certificate.
- The deceased’s death certificate, including the date and time of death
- Residence or information about the deceased’s properties at the time of death, depending on the jurisdiction.
- Details about the deceased’s family or other relatives.
- The petitioner’s legal rights.