Online Society Registration
Society registration is required to promote the fine arts, science, literature, or knowledge sharing for a purposeful matter or for charity.
To avail our services, we charge 499/- as an advance or security payment.
Overview on Society Registration in India
A society is an organisation in which a group of people with similar interests band together to carry out certain tasks. The aforementioned societies are governed by the Societies Registration Act of 1860, which is amended by the states. The societies are registered and governed in accordance with the act. Society registration is required to promote the fine arts, science, literature, or knowledge sharing for a charitable cause. On the other hand, society is formed to maintain a residential or commercial complex or establish the Apartment Association.
Criteria for Society Registration Online:
For registering a society, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Members: A state society must have a minimum of seven members and a minimum of eight members from eight different states (one from Delhi).
- Jurisdiction: Where the society’s registered office is located. In front of the District Registrar in the specific area. In Maharashtra, for example, there is a Charity Commissioner.
- Property management: The property of the society vests in the name of the society, and it can be sold in accordance with the terms specified in the bye-laws of the society. (For example, approval from an Executive Committee member)
- Governing Act: The Societies Registration Act of 1986 governs the societies.
- Dissolution or closure: According to the bye-laws of the society, upon dissolution and after payment of all debts and liabilities, the funds and property of the society may not be distributed among the society’s members; rather, the remaining funds and property must be given or transferred to another society, preferably one with similar objectives.
- Board: Executive Committee(President, Secretary, Vice President, Treasurer), General Body (All members)
- Annual compliance: The Registrar of Societies requires societies to file an annual list of their managing committee members’ names, addresses, and occupations.
Documents Required for society registration
The following are the documents needed for Society Registration in India:
PAN Card: Along with the application, a PAN card must be submitted for each member of the proposed society.
Residence Proof: All members of the society must also provide proof of their residency. The following documents can be used as valid proof of residence:
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
Memorandum of Association: The following clauses and information must be included in the memorandum of association:
- The work and societal goals for which it is being established.
- The information about the society’s members.
- It will include the address of the society’s registered office.