A business offering application services such as telemedicine, tele-education, tele-trading, call center, e-commerce, network operation, and other IT-enabled services is called the License. The Other Service Providers License is collected from the DOT (Department of Telecommunications), Government of India.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR OSP LICENSE
We address all your inquiries in regards to OSP License.
We prepare and apply on your behalf to the Department of Telecommunications.
We assist you in getting the License, which is valid for 20 years.
OSP License- An Overview
OSP, known as Other Service Providers, assigning to the service given in the Applications Services’ like Tele-banking, Tele-medicine, Tele-education, tele-trading, e-commerce, BPO, and other IT enabled services, Under the NTP (New Telecom Policy) in 1999 made it mandatory for OSPs to use telecom sources to get a License. Therefore, it is necessary for service providers in India to give services like Tele-medicine, Tele-education, Tele-banking, tele-training, call center, e-commerce, other IT Enabled Services, etc. The entities entitled to OSP registration must be a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
What are the types of OSP SERVICES?
The factors that define the type of OSPs are the following:
1. The number of workers in an association.
2. The network area to which this service is to be provided.
Adhering to the factors above, two types of OSPs exist.
1. Domestic: The Other Service Provider that implements application services in the national boundaries
2. International: The Other Service Provider that gives a service beyond the limits of the nation.
Interconnectivity within an international OSP and domestic OSP is not permitted. But, interconnectivity in two international OSPs or two domestic OSPs are allowed, granted they belong to the same Group of Companies.
Businesses that Needs DOT/OSP License
Bank gives this type of service to its clients wherein the customer can conduct transactions without visiting the bank office and in a paperless ecosystem.
This is a modernized way to inflict health care on the patients, where crisis health care services and guidance are given over to the patient through the internet or phone.
- Tele Education
This module effectively imparts education in remote areas with telecommunication equipment to people from remote locations.
- Tele Commerce
The seller directly markets the products or services to the customers with the use of telecom medium. This includes sales through TV programs.
- Call Center
All call centers refer to companies handling a substantial volume of calls for commercial purposes. It also covers all types of BPO and KPO Services.
- Network operation center
Internet Service Providers typically organize these centers to control and manage the network traffic in a particular area.
STEPS REQUIRED TO GET THE OPS LICENSE IN INDIA
- Step 1: Company Incorporation: The first step is to register your Company to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Step 2: Gathering Documents: The second step is to assemble the following certificates:
- Certificate of Incorporation of Private Limited Company
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Power of Attorney or Board of Resolution empowering the approved signatory
- Name of Business and Activities Purposed
- Directors’ List
- Existing Shareholding list
The above certificates must be confirmed with seal by a Company Secretary, Director of the Company, Statutory Auditor, or Public Notary.
- Step 3: Applying for the OSP registration online: the form is available online on the saral Sanchar website (Form A).
From filing your private limited Company to getting you the OSP license, we provide you with end-to-end solutions.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for getting OSP License
- Certificate of Incorporation allotted by ROC.
- MOA (Memorandum of Association) and AOA (Articles of Association)
- POA authorizing or Board Resolution of the Authorized Signatory
- A note on the nature of Business
- The existing list of Director’s
- The present list of Shareholders
Note: All the certificates shall be attested by the Director, Company Secretary, or Public Notary
FAQs on OSP License
An OSP license is valid for 20 years from the date of issue. Still, you can increase it for another 10 years.
No, the entity must be a private limited company.
Those OSPs who do not submit the annual return for consecutive three years will be put on the dormant list, and their registration will be canceled after keeping them for two years in the inactive list. Such a list would be available on the DOT website.
As per New Telecom Policy 1999, Other Service Providers, such as tele-banking, tele-medicine, tele-trading, e-commerce, etc., will be permitted to work by using infrastructure given by various access providers for non-telecom services.
An ISP is an Internet Service Provider. They provide connectivity to the internet. An OSP is an online service provider. They provide services when you're already connected, though some OSPs will provide connectivity through a third-party ISP.
Why legaltoast ?
5 Stars Rated