A freelancer contract, also known as a freelance agreement, specifies task criteria, contract timelines, payment methods, and all other aspects of working with a consultant. To avail our services, we charge 499/- as an advance or security payment.
WHAT IS A FREELANCER AGREEMENT?
A freelance agreement is a contract that defines the terms and conditions between the freelance and the client. It defines the job requirements, the agreement time spam, the payment mode and method, as well as other details relevant to the performance of work by the freelancer. Over the years, with the development of technology, more and more work is assigned and performed through freelancers. Consequently, freelance agreements are been popular, especially in the IT sector.
Advantages OF A FREELANCER AGREEMENT
Decreases Liabilities: A well-outlined consultancy agreement will reduce the risk of later lawsuits, as the virtues and responsibilities of all concerned parties are clearly defined in the consultancy contract.
Confidentiality Assurance: If the essence of work requires confidentiality, a Freelancer contract can be drafted accordingly.
POINTS TO BE COVERED IN FREELANCER CONTRACT
- Freelancer and Client’s contact details.
- Project Scope
- Charges and pricing
- Legal terms
- Payment options and schedule
- Timelines and Deadlines
- Intellectual Properties on ownership and copyrights
- Cancellation terms and a Kill fee
TERMS TO PREPARE A FREELANCER AGREEMENT
- Services/Non-services: Be precise about the services provided and non-provides.
- Rates and Terms of Payment: Describe payment and rates terms, whether it is fixed or based on per projects.
- Additional Work: This clause helps in introducing additional services if any required, including their payment rates.
- Advance Payments: The clause states that the freelancer can request for a payment deposit or an advance before they begin with their work, and then the remaining as per the specified payment conditions.
- Timeline: As this holds a particular deadline and timeline of the contract, it also set with conditions if the freelancer is unable to meet the timeline set for the project.
- Termination Clause: Any Unexpected circumstances may lead to cancellation of the project, or desire to work ahead. In such cases, termination clauses will help decide how to terminate the contract or the project.
- Late Payments terms: If any case of delays, this clause help both freelancers and employers to settle payment rates and interest (if required).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO PREPARE FREELANCER AGREEMENT
- Identity verification proof of both parties involved in the agreement.
- Address verification proof of both parties involved in the agreement.
- Documents that carries the names of the organizations involved.
How Does The Freelance agreement Work?
Two rounds of iterations needs no extra cost
Are you looking for Online Legal Services?
You are in the Right Place...
FAQs on Freelancer Contract
A freelancer agreement is a legal document that includes information regarding the job specifications, timeline, mode of payment, and other features that direct the working of a specialist. This document benefits to safeguard the interests of both the freelancer and the company that he or she is working for.
- Primary Information like name and address of both the freelancer and the company.
- Agreement's scope and purpose.
- Valid consideration according to the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- It is mandatory to mention the duration of the contract, the date of commencement, and termination.
- Data concerning jurisdiction, dispute handling, and resolution.
- Payment mode and time to safeguard the interests of the consultant
A professional who is self- employed and do not entirely devote or commit himself or herself to a particular employer. Alternatively, they're reached for short term projects or particular assignments that last a specified amount of time. After the project completion, they are free from their contract and they no longer serve the company. The most typical areas in which freelancers work is;
- Content Writing
- App Design
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Music production
- Journalism and editing